If you have been admitted to a course or programme of study at Buskerud and Vestfold University College (HBV) or Telemark University College (HiT), you will automatically become a student at the University College of Southeast Norway (HSN) as of 1 January. Your course of study and individual education plan will remain the same.
Start of the semester
From 1 January, you will find your course schedule in TimeEdit.
- If you have been admitted to HiT, you must register for the semester following the same procedures as before on HiT’s StudentWeb.
- If you have been admitted to HBV, you must register for the semester following the same procedures as before on HBV’s StudentWeb.
- If you have been admitted to courses or programmes of study at both HBV and HiT, you must register for the semester on the StudentWeb for both schools.
Loans and grants
You will receive your loans and grants as usual after you have paid your semester fee and registered for your courses.
You will retain your current student e-mail address and IT user account. We will eventually transition to e-mail addresses that correspond to our new domain/website (@usn.no). During the transition period, e-mail sent to your old e-mail address will be forwarded to your new e-mail address.
Student card/semester sticker
- You will retain your current student card. Your student card is also your library card at the library.
- The Student ID app for your mobile phone is your proof that you are a registered student.
- The Student ID app replaces the previous scheme with a paper-based semester receipt or sticker for your student card.
- The Student ID app has been adopted by all state-run higher education institutions.
You can download the app here:
If you do not have a mobile phone with iOS or Android, please contact the reception/enquiry office/service centre at your place of study to request a paper semester receipt/semester sticker.
Diplomas and transcripts
- After 1 January 2016, your transcripts will be issued by the University College of Southeast Norway.
- The University College of Southeast Norway plans to start issuing diplomas in March. Qualifications obtained from the merger date until diploma production begins, will be documented by a written confirmation of the degree you have achieved along with your transcripts.
- Regulations for admissions, programmes and examinations at the University College of Southeast Norway will enter into force on 1 January 2016. Approved regulations will be published at http://www.usn.no
- Changes in these regulations could affect your rights and obligations in relation to examinations and admissions to master’s and postgraduate studies.
Contact information/postal address
The University College of Southeast Norway
PO Box 235
NO-3603 Kongsberg, Norway
Tel. +47 31 00 80 00